Terms & Conditions
1. General Information
AETHON Engineering Consultants Single-Member P.C., incorporated in Greece, with seat in Athens (Emmanouil Benaki 25 str.) owns and legally operates and manages the web platform hosted on the website https://transitool.com/ (hereinafter referred to as: TT). In general, TT provides tools to create, analyze, share and manage data, taking complicated data-related tasks away from the day-to-day of Transport Services Providers. TT provides virtually ubiquitous data, linked with any 3rd party app through common frameworks. By creating an account, project or by using the services of TT, you are obliged to manage it with due care.
Each Company (see definition in par. 2) must agree to and accept the present Terms and Conditions, otherwise they will not have the right to use the services of TT. Using the Services (see definition in par. 2) in any way means that you agree to present Terms and Conditions, which will remain in effect while using TT. If you do not agree to the present Terms and Conditions at any time, TT suggests you to immediately terminate the use of the Services. Any User (see definition in par. 2) of TT on his/her behalf and/or on behalf of the Company, acknowledges that present Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable on the Users and the Company.
- Admin: A natural person which is the authorized representative of the Company.
- Company (referred also as: you, your): A legal person that subscribes in TT to use its Services.
- Company Account: TT account relating to Company data.
- Transit data: Data about or related to transit networks and operations.
- Static data: Transit data of strategic nature, referring and defining long-term operations.
- Real time data: Transit data of operational nature, referring and describing present operational conditions.
- Data Standard: A clearly defined and widely used schema of data defining semantics, objects and relations allowing faster sharing among heterogeneous organizations.
- Services: All services described in the article 5 of the Terms and Conditions.
- Users: A natural person designated by the Admin to use the Services.
- User Account: TT account relating to User's data.
3. Access in TT
Access in TT is subject to the present Terms and Conditions. To gain access in TT, you must subscribe, by purchasing a plan with yearly or monthly commitment (as defined in https://transitool.com/pricing). The subscription requires the provision of Company and Users' data, which must be complete and correct. In this context, a Company Account is created that can be associated with one or multiple User Accounts. Log in to each account requires a username and password, which is different for each user.
If you want to try out TT, you can purchase a plan of your choice and a trial period of 30 days applies. If you cancel your subscription within one month of your purchase, you will not be charged. This is an option given to each Company Account only once.
Access in TT is available for Users who are of age and legally competent. Equivalently, TT does not allow access to minors. A Company may access TT, when their registration is completed by a legally competent and authorized representative (Admin) who can designate further Users.
4. Conduct in TT
In general, you are responsible for your activities/projects conducted through TT and agree not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by the present Terms and Conditions or the national, European, and international law. Any content uploaded in TT must be obtained and processed legally. Where applicable, permissions and consents must be granted to the Company. Indicatively, any conduct that infringes intellectual property rights, violates any law or regulation, is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, attempts to obtain security information from any other Company/User, uses automated system or software to extract content or data from the TT, copies any significant portion of TT and attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of TT is prohibited. Any unlawful use of the Services or use that violates the present Terms and Conditions is prohibited and grants the right to TT to immediately terminate any subscription and delete any Company or User Account and associated data.
5. Services Provided through TT
First and foremost, it is noted that based on the subscription purchased there are limits to the amount of data you can insert per service. Relatively, please, refer to: https://transitool.com/pricing.
The Services are provided on an "as is" basis. All Services are available to the Company during its subscription period. When the subscription period expires, the Company can only use the publication of data in third party map providers. In case of not renewal or any other kind of subscription termination Company's data are retained in TT for one month. Within that duration you will have limited access to your account that will allow only data export.
The Services provided by TT can be found below.
5.1 Transit data standardization (static data/ real time data)
The use of this service gives the User the possibility to insert transit data that can be translated to commonly accepted transit data standards, such as but not limited to, General Transit Feed System Data, or GTFS.
The User can:
- Generate data: add transit data to standardize them;
- Analyze data: TT assists in the standardization process through the analysis of transit data;
- Manage data: transit data already in TT can be edited, deleted, duplicated and exported by the User;
- Validate data: TT determines whether inserted data abide to the ruleset of the given data standard;
- Publish data: inserted and validated data in TT can be published to third parties per the User’s selection. Published data will also be demonstrated in the Data Publications of the User in TT.
Details of the present service can be found: https://transitool.com/tools/data-manager.
5.2 Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
An application programming interface (API) is a software interface, offering a service to other pieces of software (source and more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/API). The authentication mechanism for an API is token based. Any call made to the API with the assigned token is perceived as an authorized call to the API, irrelevant of the organization or the person that made the call. TT provides mechanisms to publish/unpublish, create/renew/delete a token and is not responsible for the party that uses the API.
TT uses interfaces for easy data insertion, editing, deletion etc., while the APIs assist in automated data access and insertion. Through APIs in TT, data retrieval from TT and sending data to TT is available. Meanwhile, APIs for retrieving data from TT can be published, which makes them available for third parties in the Data Publications page of TT. More details: https://transitool.com/tools/apis. The APIs residing in TT can be found in the next chapters.
5.2.1 APIs to retrieve data from TT
Retrieve Data APIs are a set of APIs (currently 5 APIs in TT) used to retrieve data from TT. The data retrieved fall into one or many of the following: data the User has stored in TT, open data that TT is connected with, data of other Users that have allowed sharing of information, results of data that have been analyzed by TT. The scope of the Retrieve Data APIs that are currently included in TT are the following:
- Journey Planning;
- Retrieve stops;
- Retrieve routes;
- Retrieve next scheduled arrivals per stop;
- Retrieve time-schedule per stop or per route.
5.2.2 APIs to send data to TT
Send Data APIs are a set of APIs (currently 2 APIs in TT) used to send data to TT. Data can be sent to TT for storage and later dissemination and sharing through TT publication Services and based on the User's selection. The scope of the Send Data APIs that are currently included in TT are the following:
- Trip Updates API Upload (where Trip Updates refers to the equivalent entity in GTFS);
- Service Alerts API Upload (where Service Alerts refers to the equivalent entity in GTFS).
TT provides analytics Services used to enhance understanding and extract insights from the data inserted in TT. More details: https://transitool.com/tools/analytics. The analytics services residing in TT can be found in the next chapters.
5.3.1 Route Matching (with Static Data)
Plugins are ready-made user interfaces or tools that are installed in third party software, such as the Company's website. The plugins services residing in TT can be found in the next chapters.
5.4.1 Journey Planning iFrame
The iFrame provides an HTML tool that implements a user-friendly method of planning a trip using the Get Directions API of TT to be used on the Company's website or another web-based application. The plugin requires the activation and usage of the Journey Planning API which is charged per the standard API usage. More details: https://transitool.com/tools/plugins.
5.5 Tailored Services
TT provides tailored services to Companies used for collecting required data based on a data standard and per the requirements of TT as well as integrating the Services of TT in the processes, workflows and applications of the Companies. The Services are priced on a customized basis according to the requirements of the Company. More details: https://transitool.com/services.
TT provides its services in 3 packages where the user can select one. Packages are subscription based and paid monthly. In addition, a fourth completely tailored package is available that allows the customization of all options through the negotiation between Company and TT. Finally, coupons can be applied on the subscription plan if available. Coupons will provide Companies with discounts or more accessibility to tools and services (specific terms and conditions apply for each coupon). Processing of payments is executed by Stripe Inc. More details: https://transitool.com/pricing.
6.1 Payments and TT Services
You can enjoy the use of the preferred services in TT, according to the plan (monthly or yearly commitment) you have purchased. In relation to this, please, bear in mind the following:
- Your free trial is initiated when you subscribe correctly in TT and it lasts for 30 days.
- For all paid plans, payment is expected upon the issuance of an invoice, which will be sent to you accordingly. You will also be notified by email, in case TT does not receive payment in due time, upon invoice issuance.
- Each service of TT for each package is bound to specific limits as seen in https://transitool.com/pricing. Usage beyond said limits is bound to extra charges as shown in the same page. These charges apply monthly for all plans and commitments (monthly or yearly).
- If TT does not receive the due payment within fine (5) days from invoice issuance, you will not be able to enjoy the full services of your plan. This means, that all your published data, API tokens and plugins will be removed from TT. Moreover, you will only be able to access TT for data export and settings amendment.
- If TT does not receive payment whatsoever, after thirty (30) days from invoice issuance, then all your data will be deleted and you will not be able to log in to TT.
Generally, if a payment is outstanding, TT will inform you via email.
6.2 Cancellation policy
A Company can cancel its subscription at any time. In this case, the following apply:
- If you subscribe with a yearly commitment, and you cancel your subscription before the expiration of the commitment, TT shall be eligible to receive 50% of the agreed fee for the months remaining in your yearly commitment.
- If you subscribe for a monthly commitment, no refund is applied unless requested by the Company within the first 14 days of purchase or renewal, in which case, it will be reviewed by TT.
Generally, if a payment is outstanding, TT will inform you via email.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
The content in TT, including designs, applications, texts, images and source code (collectively defined as "Content") are protected by copyright and industrial property rights. TT is the owner of the intellectual rights of the Content. It also holds the TT's domain name, trademarks, all information related to the TT, and related technology. In no event may the Content be used, reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form without the prior written and express permission of TT.
8. Limitation of Liability
TT, its employees or contractors are not liable for any damages (including loss of profits, data, or use or cost of cover) arising out of or relating to the present Terms and Conditions or relating to the use of Services, including negligence. Moreover, TT is not responsible for backing up data uploaded or generated in TT and is not liable for any Company data loss.
9. Force majeure
TT shall not be responsible for not fulfilling its contractual obligations to the extent that the failure to fulfill is due to events outside its control, that is, force majeure events that make it technically or physically impossible to deliver. Examples are war, pandemics, acts of terrorism, riot, civil commotion, governmental actions (excluding regulatory change), labor disputes, and any similar events. In such force majeure events, no refund shall be granted, and all payments will be credited to a scheduled program within one (1) year of the cancelled subscription.
10. Governing Law
The provision of Services is governed by Greek law and any disputes related to them as well as any other dispute, of any kind, shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Athens, Greece.
11. Amendments in Terms and Conditions
The present Terms and Conditions and the links contained in them are amended whenever a new version is uploaded.
12. Further Inquiries
For any requests or more info, please contact email@example.com.
The present Terms and Conditions were posted on TT's website on September 1st, 2022 and replace any earlier post/issue.